- Experience as a Turkish-English translator, linguist, copywriter, writer or editor.
- Experience using data to identify trends, inform business-critical decisions, and tell a story from the data.
- Experience in project/program management, partner/stakeholder management, with experience working across cross-functional teams and time-zones.
- Ability to speak and write Turkish fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience within creative, localization, journalism, public communications or the online marketing/advertising industry.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, work independently and be able to chart direction of projects.
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels.
- Effective communication/presentation skills.
About the job
Google’s mission is to make all of the world’s information universally accessible and useful. We take that seriously for far more than just products in the English language. As a Language Manager, you will help us make sure that Google is useful and fun for our international users.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Form a critical part of the Google Turkish “go-to-market” team with Marketing, Product and PR to enable native language experiences for Google’s products and Turkish users.
- Engage regularly with local stakeholders to understand their priorities, and share updates on language strategy and global localization services.
- Create and evolve Turkish language guidelines and strategy for Google. Share information out about Turkish language to local and global teams.
- Develop an expert level understanding of market and user expectations for Turkish language quality and how to use language to achieve market and user needs. Engage with the Turkish tech and localization industry.
- Ensure Google’s translation and review vendors deliver high quality translations that align with Google’s language standards. Assess vendor metrics to identify issues/trends, and use metrics to drive improvements with local vendors.